Once you get your hands on some acai, there are many ways you can use it - not just for acai bowls or smoothies. Acai bowls are the classic way to enjoy acai but there are other ways you can incorporate acai into recipes too. Here are some unique acai dessert recipes!
This Acai Overnight Oats is perfect for breakfast - healthy, filling and refreshing!
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp oats
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp acai powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- Add chia seeds, oats, cacao, acai, and cinnamon into a container and shake until everything is well incorporated
- Add milk, maple syrup, and raspberries
- Stir thoroughly until everything is well-mixed
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours
- Top it off with your preferred toppings - berries, nuts, maple syrup/honey
This quick and easy Acai Ice Cream recipe is a healthy replacement for your usual ice cream. The cherries and acai both provide a nice boost of antioxidants to this summer treat!
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 x 100g frozen acai pulp
- 1 cup cherries, frozen
Simply blend everything together and freeze it in the freezer. Thereafter, scoop it into a cone and enjoy!
You’ve heard of chocolate fudge but have you ever heard of acai fudge? This acai fudge would make a healthy mid-day pick-me-up snack. It would definitely boost your mood and keep you going!
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup frozen acai pulp, thawed completely
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat and melt coconut cream, then add completely thawed acai, lemon zest, and maple syrup
- Transfer to a pan lined with foil and freeze until firm
- Cut into squares and enjoy
Sheikh, N. (2021, July 6). All About Acai: Bowls, Benefits & Acai Recipes. Mind Over Munch. https://mindovermunch.com/blog/acai-recipes/
(2020, October 27). Raspberry Chia Overnight Oats with Acai. The Healthful Ideas. https://thehealthfulideas.com/raspberry-chia-overnight-oats-with-acai/