You’ve heard of all kinds of acai dessert - acai bowls, acai smoothies, acai cake, acai sorbet and many more. But have you heard of acai paired with savoury meals? Acai is actually an incredibly versatile ingredient - it can work as a healthy dessert and snack, and even as an exotic touch for a main dish. Acai isn’t just for smoothie bowls. Read on to discover some unique acai food combinations, a savoury twist to acai.
This salad bowl contains many antioxidant-rich foods such as romaine lettuce, cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, nuts, and acai. The acai berry adds an extra punch of fruity flavor as well. Great as a healthy light lunch or protein bowl after a workout.
- 1 lettuce head, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Strawberries and blueberries
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Acai powder
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses (or rice malt syrup)
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix all vegetables and fruits in a bowl
- For dressing: mix olive oil, lemon juice, acai powder, and pomegranate molasses. Drizzle dressing on salad and toss.
This acai berry pumpkin bowl is a little different from your usual acai smoothie bowl. The pumpkin puree provides a thicker and creamier finish. Perfect for a quick breakfast before starting your day.
- 1 pack acai pulp
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small persimmon sliced
- 1 tbsp granola
- Blend acai pulp, frozen blueberries, and pumpkin puree together, until mixture becomes smooth and thick
- Top it off with sliced persimmon and granola
This acai and tapioca combination is incredibly easy to make. Simply sift the tapioca flour over a hot pan - the flour grains will melt, forming a homogeneous sheet. Then, add some butter and it is ready to be served with your acai bowl. This makes a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
In this recipe, we will be combining vegetable bowl with sweet acai and balsamic vinegar.
- ¼ cup acai pulp, thawed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Minced garlic and 2 tbsp finely minced rosemary leaves
- 2 sweet potatoes, 2 large parsnips, 2 golden beets, 1 turnip, cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 204 degrees. Grease baking sheets
- Combine acai, vinegar, oil, honey, garlic and rosemary in a large mixing bowl. Then, add sweet potatoes, parsnips, beets, turnip and onion to bowl.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheets and roast 10 minutes. Rotate pans and continue baking for 15-20 minutes more. Then, stir in spinach
- To serve, add quinoa and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Clean Eating. (2021, September 1). Acai Isn’t Just for Smoothie Bowls, Try it in These Gluten-Free Roasted Vegetables. https://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/acai-balsamic-glazed-roasted-root-and-quinoa-bowl-recipe/
Cooking with a Wallflower. (2014, November 10). Acai Berry Pumpkin Bowl. https://cookingwithawallflower.com/2014/11/10/acai-berry-pumpkin-bowl/
Organic Burst. (n.d.). Gem Salad with Acai Dressing. https://www.organicburst.com/blogs/ob-life/54271045-gem-salad-with-acai-dressing
Vida boa Açai. (2021, October 1). Foods that pair with acai: toppings and meals. Vida boa Açai - Taste the Good Life. https://vidaboaacai.com/blog/foods-with-acai/